Federal, comprehensive and continuous quality controls require concerted procedures producing comparable results on the one hand and considering regional features on the other hand. 280 specially skilled auditors are instructed, guided and arranged by eight regional coordinators.
In order to avoid that these tasks put a strain on single companies, all members have the responsibility for one area each.
The Federal Republic of Germany is devided into the following areas:
- Region 1 | Berlin, Brandenburg | FSP
- Region 2 | Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland | TÜV Pfalz Verkehrswesen
- Region 3 | Baden-Württemberg | GTÜ
- Region 4 | Bayern, Hessen | TÜV SÜD
- Region 5 | Thüringen, Sachsen | TÜV Thüringen
- Region 6 | Nordrhein-Westfalen | TÜV Rheinland
- Region 7 | Niedersachsen, Bremen, Sachsen-Anhalt | TÜV NORD
- Region 8 | Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg, Meckl.-Vorpommern | DEKRA
This temporary measure is intended to limit contacts in order to help minimise the risk of infection.
After the general situation has improved somewhat, the temporary waiver of UN audits in connection with the Corona Pandemic has been revoked.
Due to the existing situation in connection with the Corona Pandemic, the members of the QM Association have expressed their support for a temporary waiver by the UN.